The Glass-A buffers the pickup from cables and effect pedals input stages to prevent ‘loading’ which dulls and degrades the instrument’s tone.
High voltage tube circuitry coupled with audiophile passive components makes the Glass-A a sonic dream! Its frequency response is flat from 5Hz to over 100KHz with a shallow roll-off to maintain low phase distortion. The wide linear region of a tube operating at 300V means this buffer can handle signal levels of over 50V P-P and its parallel cathode follower circuitry ensures whisper quiet operation and superb line-drive capability. The Glass-A will effortlessly handle active 5-string bass guitars, NS Stick and even ‘difficult’ instruments with fast transients such as lutes, harpsichords and hammered dulcimers to reveal more detail and improve the depth and clarity and of these instruments.
Audiophile grade components are used throughout the circuitry, polyester coupling capacitors, precision resistors (with silver/palladium contacts) and Sylvania N.O.S. (new old stock) 6111 subminiature tube operating at real amp plate voltages all on a special silver-plated printed circuit board. The tube is manufactured to meet the stringent MIL-E-1 specification for reliability and designed for long service life under conditions of severe shock, vibration (20,000G!), high temperature and high altitude. The subminiature tubes represent the absolute pinnacle of tube technology and offer exceptional musical performance and reliability making this the perfect buffer pedal for studio and touring in even the harshest conditions.
Note: This is a limited edition pedal. Due to the limited availability of high quality N.O.S. tubes, we cannot guarantee continued production of this pedal for any amount of time.
- All Tube: 100% pure analogue vacuum tube audio path operating at amp plate voltages ensures the GL-1A buffer has phenomenal headroom and very quiet, natural sound reproduction. Each tube is burned in for 24 hours and every GL-1A pedal tested and hand assembled by the designer to make sure it is perfect.
- Frequency Response: Essentially flat between 5Hz-100KHz ±0.1dB. Lower -3dB break frequency is below 2Hz. Upper -3dB break frequency is above 200KHz.
- Class-A operation: Pure class-A operation ensures outstanding detail and resolution. Caution! This little pedal runs hot!
- Input impedance: Greater than 1MΩ.
- Output impedance: Less than 500Ω.
- Fitted with N.O.S Sylvania tube: Each GL-1A buffer is fitted with a hand-selected 6111 subminiature tube. This is one of the finest tubes ever built by any manufacturer at any time in history.
- True Bypass Switching: Automatically defaults to bypass when power is removed.
- Includes 12V Wall-wart Power Supply: High quality low-noise switched mode 12VDC at 1.5A wall-wart compatible with all our pedals. Accepts 100V to 240VAC mains input and comes with different mains outlet adaptor plugs, so there is always a plug that fits the country that you are playing in.
- David Gilmour – Pink Floyd
Special thanks to all these musicians, especially John Verity, Phil Taylor (of Gilmour music) and Paul Stacey, who have helped and advised over the Blackbird’s long two year development period.