Fire Bottle Tube Boost
The Fire Bottle™ is a very classy tool designed for pushing tube amps into breakup and overdrive. This compact, all-tube booster pedal has a warm and musical personality and is way more toneful than your average opamp or transistor boost/drive stompbox. It’s essentially a vintage tube amplifier input stage in a pedal that works as a clean boost on lower gain settings or, when running at full-tilt, push your tube amp into beautiful overdrive. It can add some warmth and growl to thicken up your tone without losing definition and clarity.
This pedal is specially designed to work with magnetic guitar pickups and is based on a new N.O.S. (new old stock) Philips subminiature 6112 vacuum tube operating at true tube amplifier plate voltages. If you’re seeking a flexible boost pedal with a richer tone than germanium or silicon boost pedals then the Fire Bottle is the solution!
The 6112 is manufactured to meet the stringent MIL-E-1 specification for reliability and designed for long service life under conditions of severe shock, vibration (20,000G!), high temperature and high altitude. The subminiature tubes represent the pinnacle of tube technology and offer exceptional musical performance and reliability making this the perfect boost pedal for studio and touring in even the harshest conditions. Like all Effectrode tube pedals, the Fire Bottle is true bypass for uncoloured feed-through.
Note: This is a limited edition pedal. Due to the limited availability of high quality N.O.S. tubes we cannot guarantee continued production of this pedal any amount of time.
- Steve Rothery – Marillion
- David Gilmour – Pink Floyd
- Paul Stacey – Black Crowes and Oasis
- All-Tube: 100% analogue tube signal path based on a vintage N.O.S. Mil-spec subminiature 6112 tube with black plates (operating at amp plate voltages). Each tube is burned in for 24 hours and each Fire Bottle pedal tested and hand assembled by the designer to make sure it is perfect.
- Boost Control: ranges from 0dB (unity buffer) to massive 30dB to push the clean channel of a tube amp into breakup and overdrive.
- Tone Control: Classic Fender ‘Harvard’ tube amp tone control with internal ‘Q’ adjustment to fine-tune the response.
- Resonance Switch: Fine-tunes the resonant peak of a single coil pickup to alter the fundamental tone. Two settings make it possible to shift the resonant peak 2 to 4KHz down. This has the effect of making a Strat bridge pickup sound like a neck pickup or even a humbucker for a thicker, fatter and fuller sound adding a huge degree of flexibility to your guitar tone.
- True Bypass: With Effectrode’s unique ‘anti-pop’ or ‘thump’ footswitching circuitry
- Includes 12V Wall-wart Power Supply: High quality low-noise switched mode 12VDC at 1.5A wall-wart compatible with all our pedals. Accepts 100V to 240VAC mains input and comes with different mains outlet adaptor plugs, so there is always a plug that fits the country that you are playing in.