The Fire Bottle is a compact, tube boost pedal with a warm and musical personality. It’s essentially a vintage tube ampflier input stage in a pedal that works as a clean boost on lower gain settings or, when running at full-tilt, push your tube amp into beautiful overdrive. It can add some warmth and growl to thicken up your tone without losing definition and clarity.
This pedal is specially designed to work with magnetic guitar pickups and is based on a new NOS (new old stock) subminature 6112 vacuum tube operating at true tube amplifier plate voltages. If you’re seeking a flexible boost pedal with a richer tone than germanium or silicon boost pedals then the Fire Bottle is the solution!
The 6112 is manufactured to meet the stringent MIL-E-1 specification for reliability and designed for long service life under conditions of severe shock, vibration (20,000G!), high temperature and high altitude. The subminiature tubes represent the pinnacle of tube technology and offer exceptional musical performance and reliability making this the perfect boost pedal for studio and touring in even the harshest conditions. Like my other subminiature tube pedals, the Fire Bottle is true bypass for uncolored feed-through.
- All-Tube: 100% analog tube signal path based on a NOS Mil-spec subminiature 6112 tube.
- Boost Control: ranges from 6dB (emulating a high output pickup) to substantial 25dB to push clean channels into tube overdrive.
- Tone Control: Classic Fender ‘Harvard’ tube amp tone control.
- Resonance Switch: Fine-tunes the resonant peak of a single coil pickup to alter the fundamental tone. Two settings make it possible to shift the resonant peak 2 to 4KHz down. This has the effect of making a strat bridge pickup sound like a neck pickup or even a humbucker for a thicker, fatter and fuller sound adding a huge degree of flexibility to your guitar tone.
- True Bypass: With Effectrode’s unique ‘anti-pop’ or ‘thump’ footswitching circuitry