The JV-1A (a.k.a. Blue Bottle™) is a limited edition signature mid-boost pedal designed by Effectrode for guitarist John Verity (Argent). John wanted to fatten-up the tone of the single coil pickups on his ‘Corona’ guitar and we came up with the idea of basing his pedal on a vintage ‘Pultec’ inductor based tube equaliser circuit–the way we see it, if you’re going to build a mid booster in pedal, why not do it with some style! The JV-1A adds warm and musical sounding mids that work to enrich the natural harmonic character of the guitar and there’s also 18dB of all-tube gain on tap allowing the Blue Bottle to push a tube amp into generating a beautiful, singing, bluesy overdrive. Audiophile grade components and silver solder are utilised throughout the circuit along with precision, low noise, metal-film resistors, stellar-quality polyester coupling capacitors and ground-plane layout. The result of all this attention to detail is a mid-boost pedal with a full-bodied, rich and addictive lead tone for solo playing–John Verity seldom turns the JV-1A off!
Note: This is a limited edition pedal. Due to the limited availability of high quality N.O.S. tubes we cannot guarantee continued production of this pedal any amount of time.
- Input impedance: Greater than 1MΩ
- Output impedance: Less than 40KΩ
- Controls: Mid Boost and Volume
- Features: Hi-Cut switch selectable low-pass –3dB points at 3KHz and 6KHz
- All tube: Based on N.O.S. ‘Sylvania’ 6111WA subminiature triode tube operating in class-A
- Gain: Continuously variable from -∞dB to 18dB
- True bypass: With ‘anti-pop’ or ‘thump’ footswitching circuitry
- Power requirements: 12VDC @ 600mA – centre positive 2.1mm barrel connector
- Dimensions: Width 4.75″; Depth 3.75″
- Weight: 12oz (on Earth); 13.5oz (Neptune)
- Construction: Solid die-cast aluminum box
- Finish: Tough cobalt blue powder coat