The Blue Bottle™ is a limited edition signature mid-boost pedal designed by Effectrode for guitarist John Verity (Argent). John wanted to fatten-up the tone of the single coil pickups on his ‘Corona’ Strat guitar. We came up with the idea of basing his pedal on a vintage ‘Pultec’ tube equaliser circuit–that’s right, housed within its diecast aluminium box is a genuine N.O.S. Sylvania 6021 sub-miniature tube and a real inductor, just like in the ‘Pultec’. You just can’t beat real analogue electronic hardware when it comes to guitar tone.
This compact tube pedal adds warm and musical sounding mids that work to enrich the natural harmonic character of the guitar. There’s also 18dB of all-tube gain on tap allowing the Blue Bottle™ to push a tube amp into generating a beautiful, singing, bluesy overdrive. Audiophile grade components and silver solder are utilised throughout the circuit along with precision, low noise, metal-film resistors, stellar-quality polyester coupling capacitors and ground-plane layout. The result of all this attention to detail is a mid-boost pedal with a full-bodied, rich and addictive lead tone for solo playing–John seldom bypasses it
Note: This is a limited edition pedal. Due to the limited availability of high quality N.O.S. tubes we cannot guarantee continued production of this pedal for any amount of time.
- Input impedance: Greater than 1MΩ
- Output impedance: Less than 40KΩ
- Controls: Mid Boost and Volume
- Features: Hi-Cut switch selectable low-pass –3dB points at 3KHz and 6KHz
- All tube: Based on N.O.S. ‘Sylvania’ 6021 sub-miniature triode tube operating in class-A
- Gain: Continuously variable from -∞dB to 18dB
- True bypass: With ‘anti-pop’ or ‘thump’ footswitching circuitry
- Power requirements: 12VDC @ 600mA – centre positive 2.1mm barrel connector
- Dimensions: Width 4.75″; Depth 3.75″
- Weight: 12oz (on Earth); 13.5oz (Neptune)
- Construction: Solid die-cast aluminium box
- Finish: Tough cobalt blue powder coat
- Includes 12V Wall-wart Power Supply: High quality low-noise switched mode 12VDC at 1.5A wall-wart compatible with all our pedals. Accepts 100V to 240VAC mains input and comes with different mains outlet adaptor plugs, so there is always a plug that fits the country that you are playing in. AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMERS BE AWARE, not all suppliers of Effectrode pedals include an Australian adapter, you will receive an Australian adapter when purchasing directly from this website.