This Fire Bottle™ tube boost pedal is in a league of its own. This little tube pedal is toneful and responsive. Inside this little pedal there’s a miniaturised Fender® “Blackface” tube amplifier input stage built on a vintage black-plate Sylvania pencil tube. The circuitry responds in exactly the same way as a tube amp. At lower boost settings the Fire Bottle is clean and glassy, but wind up the “BOOST” knob and it pushes a tube amp into producing a beautifully rich (tube) overdrive. It will add warmth and growl to thicken up the tone of single coil pickups without losing definition or clarity. If you’re seeking a tube boost pedal with a rich, warm and soulful tone then the Fire Bottle is the answer!
“Les Paul” and “335” players. The Fire Bottle pedal works with humbucker pickups too. Humbuckers already possess a thick sound which the Fire Bottle will enrich further, creating some high-fat, super-saturated guitar tones.
- All tube: 100% analogue vacuum tube signal path operating at real amp plate voltages (300V!).
- Boost Control: Ranges from 0dB (unity gain buffer) to over 30dB. Push the clean channel of a tube amp into breakup and overdrive.
- Tone Control: Classic Fender® “Harvard” tube amp tone control with internal “Q” adjustment to fine-tune the response.
- Resonance Switch: Shifts the resonant peak of a single coil pickup down by 2 or 4KHz to drastically alter the fundamental tone of the guitar. Make a single-coil Strat® bridge pickup sound like a humbucker for a thicker, fatter and fuller sound.
- True Bypass Switching: Silent true bypass footswitching circuitry.
- “Dakaware” Knobs: Authentic Bakelite Dakaware Chicago 1510 knobs custom made in the U.S.A.
- Fitted with vintage tube: Each Fire Bottle pedal is fitted with a hand-selected Mil-Spec NOS 6112 Sylvania pencil tube.
- Includes 12VDC 1.5A Wall-Wart: High quality low-noise switched mode power supply operating from 100-240VAC mains input. Supplied with various adapter plugs to facilitate connection to mains outlets in other countries. Compatible with all Effectrode pedals.
Note: Limited edition pedal! Stocks of high quality NOS tubes are in short supply, meaning we cannot guarantee continued production of this pedal for any amount of time.