For even more sophisticated control of the Tube-Vibe (or any of our other pedals) you may want to consider using a mechanical expression pedal manufactured by Tone in Progress. This pedal makes it possible to adjust the the Volume or Intensity pots, in fact control of any parameter where a knob can be removed to faciltate connection of the mechanical linkage.
For the last year or so, I’ve been using a modified Jim Dunlop “Hi-Gain” volume pedal with good results. The pedal is of sturdy, solid diecast aluminium contstruction and retails at a reasonable $59-95. The modification is relatively straightforward and requires no knowledge of electronics, however you will need a soldering iron, screwdriver, sharp knife or scalpel and some wire.
1. Unscrew the four screws underneath the unit and remove the base plate.
2. Unscrew the jack socket nuts to free the circuit board.
3. Break track using sharp knife as shown below.
4. Next break second track and add two mod. wires as shown.
5. Job done! Reassemble and you’re ready to rock ‘n’ roll.