The Delta-Trem™ authentically recreates the alluring, hypnotic tone and feel of vintage guitar amp tremolo in S-T-E-R-E-O! This is accomplished using vacuum tubes and an archaic, long forgotten electronic component known as a ‘Raysistor’, essentially a tiny filament lamp and photocell housed together in a small metal can. The combination of Raysistor and all-tube circuitry tube creates an exceptionally smooth, rich and musical tremolo effect that blends well with clean and overdriven guitar sounds. The true stereo signal path allows the Delta-Trem to operate as a mono tremolo with a single guitar amp or into two amps, where the sound ping-pongs between them creating a huge, 3-D, spacious tone.
The Delta-Trem’s incredibly versatile LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) can generate anything from a subtle shimmer to deep amplitude modulation (AM) for some good old Louisiana swamp blues. In fact, this pedal can faithfully reproduce the smooth, buttery pulse of the early Fender® ‘Brown’ Princeton amp or the deeper, more intense throb of the neon/photocell tremolo in Fender’s later ‘Blackface’ Deluxe and Twin Reverb amplifier models. Further, we’ve ironed out all the shortcomings associated these vintage amp tremolos: the Delta-Trem’s circuit operation is essentially noiseless with none of the audible “ticking” of photocell tremolo and there’s no danger of output stage tubes going into meltdown (“red-plating”) because of incorrect biasing.
- Genuine Tube Circuitry: 100% vacuum tube and ‘Raysistor’ audio circuitry generates the tremolo effect. The tubes operate at real amp plate voltages at 300V, just like in a vintage tube amp!
- Smooth and Deep Tremolo: LFO with advanced pulse shaping capability can accurately replicate either smooth ‘Bias’ or more intense, choppy ‘Photocell’ tremolo effects.
- True S-T-E-R-E-O: When “linked the signal ping-pongs between left and right outputs, or the two tremolos can be split for independent operation were left and right channels drift in and out of phase.
- ‘Dakaware’ Knobs: Authentic bakelite ‘Dakaware’, Chicago 1510 knobs custom manufactured for Effectrode in the U.S.A using the original 1940s moulds.
- Turquoise LEDs pulsate with modulation speed for visual song tempo matching.
- Includes 12V Wall-wart Power Supply High quality low-noise switched mode 12VDC at 1.5A wall-wart compatible with all our pedals. Accepts 100V to 240VAC mains input and comes with different mains outlet adaptor plugs, so there is always a plug that fits the country that you are playing in. AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMERS BE AWARE, not all suppliers of Effectrode pedals include an Australian adapter, you will receive an Australian adapter when purchasing directly from this website.