The Delta-Trem™ recreates the richness, warmth and “feel” of vintage tube amp tremolo in mono or true S-T-E-R-E-O! This is accomplished using vacuum tubes and an archaic, long-forgotten electronic device known as a “Raysistor“. A Raysistor is essentially a tiny filament lamp and photocell housed in a small metal can. This magical combination of vintage components enables the Delta-Trem to accurately replicate “bias” and neon/photocell tremolo effects, and a whole range of inspirational, unique tremolo effects.
The Delta-Trem’s fabulously versatile LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) generates anything from a subtle shimmer to deep, thobby amplitude modulation (AM). In mono, use the Delta-Trem to faithfully reproduce the smooth, buttery pulse of an early Fender® “Tweed” Tremolux amp. Or delve deeper, for the more intense throb of a Fender “Blackface” Deluxe Reverb amplifier for some good ole Louisiana swamp blues. In stereo, with two amps, the sound ping-pongs or swirls between them creating a huge, 3-Dimensional, spacious tone. This tremolo pedal always sounds exceptionally smooth and rich and blends beautifully with clean and overdriven guitar sounds.
- Genuine Tube Circuitry: 100% vacuum tube and “Raysistor” audio circuitry creates the tremolo effect. The tubes operate at real amp plate voltages at 300V, just like in a vintage tube amp!
- Smooth and Deep Tremolo: Advanced pulse shaping capability that replicates either smooth “Bias” tremolo or more intense, choppy neon/photocell tremolo effects.
- True S-T-E-R-E-O: Link the two tremolos so the sound ping-pongs between left & right outputs. Or split them for truly independent operation, where the left & right outputs drift in and out of phase.
- Advanced Functions: Rhythmic tremolo patterns with accented beats; Dithering of LFO waveform shapes for a more randomised tremolo; Phase control of the two tremolos from 0º-180º.
- “Dakaware” Knobs: Bakelite Dakaware Chicago 1510 knobs custom manufactured for Effectrode in the U.S.A using the original 1940s moulds.
- Turquoise LEDs: Pulsate with modulation speed for visual song tempo matching.
- Includes 12VDC 1.5A Wall-Wart: High quality low-noise switched mode power supply operating from 100-240VAC mains input. Supplied with various adapter plugs to facilitate connection to mains outlets in other countries. Compatible with all Effectrode pedals.