The Tube-Vibe’s pre-amp, mixer and phase-shifters sections are built on triode tubes operating at real amp plate voltages. It has a powerful LFO that makes it possible to sculpt thick, swampy vibe tones at higher modulation rates through to textural and spacious chorus effects at slower rates. The tone is outrageously cool—it’s absolutely the lushest, most psychedelic sounding guitar pedal there is! One of those devices that epitomise analogue with it’s unique, slightly blurry, liquid phase-chorused tone, impossible to simulate.
TUBE-VIBE – FEATURES
- All Tube: Circuitry for the ultimate in audiophile performance!—low background noise and stacks of headroom. The Tube-Vibe takes single coil or humbucker pickups extremely well—the pedal ships with a 12AU7 tube in its input stage so has ample headroom for stunning, clean Vibe tones. However, you can swap out the 12AU7 out for other 9-pin varieties with a higher gain factor such as 12AY7 or 12AX7 to create more of a Leslie-style growl or push your favourite vintage/boutique tube amp into overdrive for some seriously thick/sustaining tones.
- Dual LFOs: In ‘Classic’ mode the Tube-Vibe authentically sculpts the deep, swampy Uni-Vibe throb and in ‘Smooth’ mode it reproduces dreamy, ethereal chorus voicings. Additionally, the LFO can be halted (frozen) so it can work as a sweepable notch filter to create hollow sounding scooped textures.
- Chorus/Vibrato Switch: Selects between the classic Hendrix/Trower Uni-Vibe chorus and detuning pitch-bend vibrato. Additionally, the internal ‘Blend’ trimpot allows further fine-tuning of the vibe throb.
- High, one megaohm input impedance: Ensures a wide open and clear tone—your guitar pickup is “seeing” a tube amp input stage. The input resistance of the Uni-Vibe is only 69Kohm which is low enough to load the output of a guitar and dull the sound or cause significant treble loss to single coil pickups.
- True Bypass Switching: With Effectrode’s unique ‘anti-pop’ or ‘thump’ footswitching circuitry utilising sealed, gold-contact relay to eliminate the possibility of dirty contacts degrading the sound and minimal internal audio path.
- ‘Dakaware’ Knobs: Authentic bakelite ‘Dakaware’, Chicago knobs manufactured in the U.S.A using the original 1940s moulds!
- Purple LED: Pulsates with modulation speed for visual song tempo matching
- Includes 12V Wall-wart Power Supply: High quality low-noise switched mode 12VDC at 1.5A wall-wart compatible with all our pedals. Accepts 100V to 240VAC mains input and comes with different mains outlet adaptor plugs, so there is always a plug that fits the country that you are playing in.